Recent Fire Damage Posts
Every 18 Seconds a Fire Occurs in the U.S.!
only one matters to you!
What does SERVPRO of Fenton do for you when your home and family are affected?
1. Within one hour a SERVPRO Franchise Professional will call to arrange for service.
2. Within 4 short hours a professional will arrive on-site prepared to begin emergency mitigation services, if so needed.
3. A Project Manager of SERVPRO will review your home with you and address any questions or concerns.
4. The SERVPRO Project Manager will then go through your home starting from the fire and working his way outward to see what is restorable or salvageable.
5. Next SERVPRO will present to you and your insurance adjuster a plan of action, also known as a "Scope of Work".
6. Your home will be cleaned and restored by SERVPRO Franchise Professionals.
7. After all of the work is completed, a final walk-through will be conducted with you to help ensure your satisfaction
Thanksgiving Fire Safety for Fenton Homeowners!
Fire damage to a kitchen from an unattended stovetop meal in Linden, Michigan
Thanksgiving is a time to relax and celebrate with family, but we wanted to take a moment to remind everyone to exercise caution while preparing Thanksgiving dinner. Statistically, fire departments respond to more residential fire calls on Thanksgiving day than any other day of the year.
Every year, 2,100 residential structures catch fire on Thanksgiving, resulting in 10 deaths, 50 serious injuries, and $28 million dollars in damage. Here are some simple steps that you can take to avoid disaster on your day of relaxation and celebration:
- Don’t leave food unattended while cooking
- Check all smoke detectors before beginning Thanksgiving dinner preparation
- Keep children and pets away from the kitchen
- Keep the kitchen floors unobstructed to avoid tripping
- Don’t use any electrical appliances that have damaged or severed cords (use this as an opportunity to treat yourself to some new kitchen toys!)
- Avoid using deep fryers (even in the back yard, the NFPA discourages ALL use of fryers)
As always, our crews are on call 24/7 365 days of the year, should disaster strike. Please take note of the steps above to protect your home and your family! Relax, kick back, enjoy some football, and give thanks!
On this Thanksgiving, we feel especially thankful for all of YOU, our loyal clients! Thank you for helping to make SERVPRO of Fenton your local choice for all your restoration needs!
The Importance of Cleaning Dryer Vents
Check out this before and after - have your dryer vents EVER been cleaned?
According to FEMA, failure to clean home dryers causes 34% of home dryer fires. Home dryer fires cause $35 million in property loss, and can also lead to injury or death.
To reduce the risk of these fires happening in you or your insured's home or business, SERVPRO of Fenton can help clean dryer vents and ducts that may have lint build up.
Other tips for keeping your dryer vents clean from the National Fire Protection Agency include cleaning the lint filter before and after each load, and making sure the outdoor vent flap will open, and is not restricted by snow, a bird's nest, or any other potential obstacles.
If you have a need for your dryer vents to be cleaned, contact the cleaning professionals at your local SERVPRO - Fenton! We can be reached 24/7 at 810-714-6600.
Do You Have an Escape Plan?
Do you have an escape plan if a fire happens at your home?
Consider these tips to create a plan:
- Walk through your home and inspect all possible exits and escape routes. Households with children should consider drawing a floor plan, showing 2 exits of each room (door and window)
- A closed door may slow the spread of smoke, heat and fire. Install smoke alarms in every sleeping room, outside each sleeping area and on every level of the home
- Everyone in the household must understand the escape plan. When you walk through your plan, check to make sure the escape routes are clear and doors and windows can be opened easily.
- Choose an outside meeting place (i.e. neighbor's house, a light post, mailbox, or stop sign) a safe distance in front of your home where everyone can meet after they've escaped. Make sure to mark the location of the meeting place on your escape plan.
- If there are infants, elderly, or family members with mobility limitations, make sure that someone is assigned to assist them in the fire drill and in the event of an emergency. Assign a backup person too, in case the designee is not home during the emergency.
- Once you're out, stay out! Under no circumstances should you ever go back into a burning building. If someone is missing, inform the fire department dispatcher when you call. Firefighters have the skills and equipment to perform rescues.
Having an escape plan set in place- JUST INCASE- can be life saving and beneficial.
If you have a fire at your home, call SERVPRO of Fenton to take care of the disaster.
What Should You Do After a Fire?
After the fire trucks leave, your home likely suffers from fire and smoke damage and extensive water damage from firefighting efforts. SERVPRO of Fenton has the specialized fire restoration training needed to restore your home to pre-fire condition. What should you do after a fire? Call SERVPRO!
Have Questions About Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Today (810-732-3298)
Every fire damage event is a little different, and requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our process for the “typical” fire damage emergency.
Step 1: Emergency Contact
The restoration process begins when you call the SERVPRO of Fenton, whose phones are answered 24 hours a day. Our representative will ask a series of questions regarding the fire damage event.
Step 2: Inspection and Fire Damage Assessment
Our Professionals will carefully inspect and test adjoining rooms of your property to determine the extent of the fire, smoke, and soot damage. This step is crucial to developing a plan of action.
Step 3: Immediate Board-Up and Roof-Tarp Service
Fire damage can often compromise windows, walls, and roofs. To maintain security and to protect against further damage, the SERVPRO of Fenton can board up missing windows and walls and place tarps on damaged roofs.
Step 4: Water Removal and Drying (if water damage is present)
The water removal process begins almost immediately and removes the majority of the water. They will then use dehumidifiers and air movers to remove the remaining water and complete the drying process.
Step 5: Removal of Smoke and Soot from All Surfaces
SERVPRO of Fenton uses specialized equipment and techniques to remove smoke and soot from ceilings, walls, and other surfaces.
Step 6: Cleaning and Sanitizing
They will clean all of the restorable items and structures that were damaged by the fire. They use a variety of cleaning techniques to restore your belongings to pre-fire condition. They’re also trained to remove odors using industrial air scrubbers and fogging equipment.
Step 7: Restoration
Restoration is the final step—getting your home or business to its pre-fire condition. Restoration may involve minor repairs, such as replacing drywall, painting, and installing new carpet; or it may entail major repairs such as the reconstruction of various areas or rooms in a home or business.
Do You Sleep With Your Bedroom Door Open at Night?
The difference between outside of room during fire- and inside with the door closed
"Close before you doze" is a slogan that local fire departments are using to raise awareness on something so simple, that could potentially save your life!
- "The simple task of closing your door at night could be life-saving, especially since now you only have just three minutes to get out of a burning home."
- Clio Fire Chief stated that "40 years ago it used it used to be 17 minutes to get out of a burning home, and now it's just 3 minutes."
- Closing your door is one of the top 3 ways, aside from smoke alarms and making an escape plan that fire officials say you should do.
- When you shut the door, it will take the fire and smoke a little longer to go through the door (giving you time to escape)
"CLOSE BEFORE YOU DOZE"
Fenton Smoke and Soot Cleanup
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Fenton will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – (810) 714-6600