SERVPRO of Fenton takes the steps to combat Mold in your home
Plastic sheeting is used to separate the affected area from the rest of your home
Mold can be a nasty visitor to your home, and go unannounced and unnoticed for days or weeks before you realize it's there. Many home owners choose to ignore the signs of mold, believing that the effects are not a big deal. When ignoring the signs of mold, you can not only damage your property but your health - Mold contaminates your clean air in your entire living space. If you have a feeling that your home could be affected, let the professionals at SERVPRO of Fenton handle the job of getting rid of it all at once.
Mold is very sensitive to deal with - the growth can spread very fast if it’s not dealt with in the correct way. Mold spores can become airborne and attach to other things in your home. Cleaning mold spores can be disturbed through the cleanup process and should be contained so it can’t spread into your home. At SERVPRO of Fenton our professionals are IICRC-certified, and trained in every aspect of the removal and treatment of mold.
The beginning stages of the removal process is the containment of the area. We create a physical barrier using plastic sheeting. When covering the area, we also focus on covering doors and air vents in the area so the affected air doesn’t travel in to other areas of your home. The next step is to place air movement machines that use negative air to filter the contaminants out of the air. These machines have powerful HEPA filters that draw in the negative air and the vent it outside your property using a hose.
We are here for any size mold situation 24 hours a day and 7 days a week! Call Today- 810-714-6600
About SERVPRO of Fenton
SERVPRO of Fenton specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Fenton Residents: We Specialize in Flooded Basement Cleanup and Restoration!
This Fenton basement flooded after heavy rains
A basement can flood at any time, although flooding most often occurs during heavy rainfall. Basements are inherently prone to flooding because they are the lowest level of a building and are normally built partly or entirely below ground level. There are a number of reasons why your Fenton basement could flood, including:
- A blocked or failed sewer lateral pipe
- Heavy rain causes surface water to pool around your home
- Storm sewer backup
- Sanitary sewer backup
- Foundation drainage failure
- Water supply-line break or hot-water tank failure
- And many more
Have Questions about Basement Flooding?
Call Today - SERVPRO of Fenton - 810-714-6600
If flood water is not handled quickly and properly, it can jeopardize your health and safety, and cause severe damage to your home’s structure. Remember, the longer you wait, the worse the problem will get.
The bottom line: a flooded basement can jeopardize your health, safety, and your home’s integrity. It’s worth making a call to SERVPRO of Fenton and let our trained, professional crews handle the situation safely and correctly. We have earned the trust of hundreds of homeowners, business owners, and property professionals.
We are Flooded Basement Specialists:
- We are Available 24 hours/7 days per week
- We’re a Preferred Vendor to many National Insurance Companies
- We Bill The Insurance Directly – One Less Thing For You To Worry About
- Our Technicians are Highly-Trained in Water Restoration Techniques
- We use s500 IICRC Restoration Standards
- Advanced Inspection and Extraction Equipment
Basement Flooded? Call Us Today – We’re Ready To Help 810-714-6600
The Importance of Cleaning Dryer Vents
Check out this before and after - have your dryer vents EVER been cleaned?
According to FEMA, failure to clean home dryers causes 34% of home dryer fires. Home dryer fires cause $35 million in property loss, and can also lead to injury or death.
To reduce the risk of these fires happening in you or your insured's home or business, SERVPRO of Fenton can help clean dryer vents and ducts that may have lint build up.
Other tips for keeping your dryer vents clean from the National Fire Protection Agency include cleaning the lint filter before and after each load, and making sure the outdoor vent flap will open, and is not restricted by snow, a bird's nest, or any other potential obstacles.
If you have a need for your dryer vents to be cleaned, contact the cleaning professionals at your local SERVPRO - Fenton! We can be reached 24/7 at 810-714-6600.
Fenton Property Managers - Why You Need to Be Prepared
Unexpected water damage can be a devastating situation to anyone. From losing personal property to sometimes having to stay at an alternative residence until mitigation is complete, especially in apartment complexes, condos, or any other multi-unit properties.
It is so important for property management companies to prepare for the worst, given the large amount of people and personal property that can be affected. In an emergency situation it is important to take action as quickly as possible to avoid any further damage and to try to salvage what can be saved before it is too late.
In order to prepare for an emergency situation, SERVPRO of Fenton can create an Emergency Ready Plan with your property manager that indicated all of the important aspects of the property. Example: Flooring Type, Number of Units, Electrical Box Locations, etc. This will help the team at SERVPRO of Fenton respond and act faster when disaster strikes.
For any commercial damage or cleaning needs, please give SERVPRO of Fenton a call, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 810-714-6600
The Devastating Effects of Water Damage
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Fenton provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Fenton arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – (810) 714-6600
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of Fenton
SERVPRO of Fenton specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Give us a call today at 810-714-6600!
Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
In as little as 48 hours, mold can quickly become a problem in your home or business when there’s a water intrusion, like a roof leak or leaking water line. Mold can cause health effects and can also cause significant damage to your property. SERVPRO of Fenton has the training, protective gear, and specialized equipment necessary to handle your mold problem.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (810) 714-6600
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Fenton for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Fenton has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
Lightning Safety Tips
Although lightning can strike anytime, the chance for lightning increases in the summer months. Stay safe with these basic tips:
- Have a safety plan, and cancel or postpone outdoor activities if thunderstorms are expected.
- If you do get caught outside, avoid high ground, open spaces, and all metal objects (this includes electric wires, fences, etc). Seek shelter in a substantial building, or a fully enclosed vehicle.
- If you are indoors, stay away from doors and windows. Do not use the telephone, and consider unplugging computers, power tools, and television sets. Lighting may strike exterior electric or phone lines, and send jolts of electricity to inside equipment.
If a storm has damaged your house and you need help cleaning or repairing the interior or exterior of your home, don't hesitate to give us a call. You can reach SERVPRO of Fenton 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 810-714-6600.
Commercial Fire Damage from Lightning
What Happens When Lightning Strikes Your Home or Business?
This is the aftermath of lightning striking a local police station- causing a fire. The fire suppressant system kicked on- causing damage throughout the entire building.
Consider this following fact:
The positive charge from lightening is being negated by negative charge of ground and all grounded objects. The house is grounded, after lightening strike the electrons from earth are moving through all objects between ground and stroked point. As the movement of electrons in circuit with resistance higher than 0 emits heat, most objects are being burned or damaged.
Although lightning storms can be a sight to behold, they can also cause electrical damage to your home or business. In fact, the insurance industry estimates that around 6.5% of all property casualty claims are related to lightning strikes.
Call SERVPRO of Fenton if your home or business has a fire due to lightning.
Storm Damage Services SERVPRO of Fenton Offers
Storm and water damage affects not only the structure of your house but also your belongings. SERVPRO of Fenton understands that your home is more than a structure; your family’s furniture, clothing, keepsakes, and other belongings help transform a house into a home.
If You Have Questions or Need Help,
Call Us Today (810-714-6600)
SERVPRO of Fenton specializes in restoring contents damaged by storms and other water damage events. Our expertise and our “restore” versus “replace” mentality can help you save money while preserving precious keepsakes that can’t be replaced. They pretest your contents to determine what items can be restored back to their condition before the water damage. They utilize several methods of cleaning your contents, including:
- Dry Cleaning - Used for cleaning light residues or to pre-clean prior to cleaning.
- Wet Cleaning - An effective cleaning method for removing moderate to heavy residues.
- Spray and Wipe -Effective for items that can’t withstand cleaning.
- Foam Cleaning - Used for upholstery fabrics that might shrink or bleed if cleaned.
- Abrasive Cleaning - Involves agitation of the surface being cleaned.
- Immersion Cleaning - Contents are dipped into a bath of the cleaning product.
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning, SERVPRO of Fenton can conduct an organized, efficient move-out of the affected area. Move-out will provide several benefits, including:
- A quicker remodeling process
- Protecting items from potential damage
- Protecting contents from further on-site damage
When restoration is completed, they will work with you to coordinate the move-in according to your needs. The services offered upon move-in may depend on your insurance coverage. For additional information, check out Contents Claim Inventory Service.
Commercial Flood Damage
A flood can cause large amounts of damage to a business. It can damage stock, equipment, machinery, furniture, clothing, and many valuable items. Of course there are floods of varying severity and you hopefully won’t suffer anything too serious, but if you do have a flood at your place of business, you will want to deal with it quickly.
Burst pipes, sudden downpours, a copious amount of melting snow, broken gutters, leaky windows, damaged foundation, sudden removal of large trees near your home…there are many reasons how water can flood your basement. Water flows downhill into the lowest areas and it can make its way through even the smallest cracks and openings. Depending upon the age of your home and the region in which you live, your foundation is most likely either poured concrete or stacked concrete blocks. Sometimes the foundation is coated or shielded with a water barrier material, designed to keep water out. Over time homes settle and shift, sometimes compromising the structural solidity of the foundation. Whatever the reason may be, contact us today to take care of your flood needs!
SERVPRO of Fenton (810-714-6600)