Commercial Fire Damage from Lightning
What Happens When Lightning Strikes Your Home or Business?
This is the aftermath of lightning striking a local police station- causing a fire. The fire suppressant system kicked on- causing damage throughout the entire building.
Consider this following fact:
The positive charge from lightening is being negated by negative charge of ground and all grounded objects. The house is grounded, after lightening strike the electrons from earth are moving through all objects between ground and stroked point. As the movement of electrons in circuit with resistance higher than 0 emits heat, most objects are being burned or damaged.
Although lightning storms can be a sight to behold, they can also cause electrical damage to your home or business. In fact, the insurance industry estimates that around 6.5% of all property casualty claims are related to lightning strikes.
Call SERVPRO of Fenton if your home or business has a fire due to lightning.
Storm Damage Services SERVPRO of Fenton Offers
Storm and water damage affects not only the structure of your house but also your belongings. SERVPRO of Fenton understands that your home is more than a structure; your family’s furniture, clothing, keepsakes, and other belongings help transform a house into a home.
If You Have Questions or Need Help,
Call Us Today (810-714-6600)
SERVPRO of Fenton specializes in restoring contents damaged by storms and other water damage events. Our expertise and our “restore” versus “replace” mentality can help you save money while preserving precious keepsakes that can’t be replaced. They pretest your contents to determine what items can be restored back to their condition before the water damage. They utilize several methods of cleaning your contents, including:
- Dry Cleaning - Used for cleaning light residues or to pre-clean prior to cleaning.
- Wet Cleaning - An effective cleaning method for removing moderate to heavy residues.
- Spray and Wipe -Effective for items that can’t withstand cleaning.
- Foam Cleaning - Used for upholstery fabrics that might shrink or bleed if cleaned.
- Abrasive Cleaning - Involves agitation of the surface being cleaned.
- Immersion Cleaning - Contents are dipped into a bath of the cleaning product.
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning, SERVPRO of Fenton can conduct an organized, efficient move-out of the affected area. Move-out will provide several benefits, including:
- A quicker remodeling process
- Protecting items from potential damage
- Protecting contents from further on-site damage
When restoration is completed, they will work with you to coordinate the move-in according to your needs. The services offered upon move-in may depend on your insurance coverage. For additional information, check out Contents Claim Inventory Service.
Commercial Flood Damage
A flood can cause large amounts of damage to a business. It can damage stock, equipment, machinery, furniture, clothing, and many valuable items. Of course there are floods of varying severity and you hopefully won’t suffer anything too serious, but if you do have a flood at your place of business, you will want to deal with it quickly.
Burst pipes, sudden downpours, a copious amount of melting snow, broken gutters, leaky windows, damaged foundation, sudden removal of large trees near your home…there are many reasons how water can flood your basement. Water flows downhill into the lowest areas and it can make its way through even the smallest cracks and openings. Depending upon the age of your home and the region in which you live, your foundation is most likely either poured concrete or stacked concrete blocks. Sometimes the foundation is coated or shielded with a water barrier material, designed to keep water out. Over time homes settle and shift, sometimes compromising the structural solidity of the foundation. Whatever the reason may be, contact us today to take care of your flood needs!
SERVPRO of Fenton (810-714-6600)
Restoring your Fenton Commercial Property After A Water Damage Event
Flooding and water damage events at Fenton commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of Fenton
SERVPRO of Fenton specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
When Disaster Strikes, Leave It to the Pros- Call SERVPRO of Fenton
A mop and common household cleaning products may not be enough when your home or business floods. SERVPRO of Fenton technicians are trained to safely and correctly clean and restore your home or business, utilizing the following procedures:
-Identifying the Source/Type of Water
-Measure the Temperature and Humidity for Drying Analysis
-Survey the Extent of Damage
-Perform Emergency Water Extraction
-Move and Block Furniture
-Inspect Carpet pad/Carpet
-Apply Necessary Treatments (Disinfectants/Deodorization)
-Utilize Drying Equipment and Monitor Drying to ensure
-Disposal of Debris
Abiding by OSHA guidelines and all applicable health regulations, SERVPRO technicians remove moisture, sewage, and contaminants, disinfecting and deodorizing as they safely clean your customers home and restorable belongings.
SERVPRO of Fenton is there for you when a disaster strikes, 24/7 365 days a year- even on holidays!
We make it "Like it never even happened."
SERVPRO of Fenton Specializes in Mold Remediation!
SERVPRO of Fenton specializes in mold remediation!
A qualified restoration company understands the science behind mold and mold growth. SERVPRO of Fenton Professionals have the training and expertise to remediate the mold in your home or business. Mold remediation focuses on getting mold levels back to normal, natural levels.
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. To learn more about our mold remediation process.
- Step 1: Emergency Contact 1-810-714-6600
- Step 2: Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Step 3: Mold Containment
- Step 4: Air Filtration
- Step 5: Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Step 6: Cleaning Contents and Belongings
- Step 7: Restoration
Signs of Mold? Call SERVPRO of Fenton today!
Does Your Home Have Mold?
Does your Fenton home have mold? Of course it does- Even if it's not visible.
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is actually impossible. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
If you notice mold growth in your home, give us a call today at 810-714-6600 and let SERVPRO of Fenton remediate your mold problem!
Do You Have an Escape Plan?
Do you have an escape plan if a fire happens at your home?
Consider these tips to create a plan:
- Walk through your home and inspect all possible exits and escape routes. Households with children should consider drawing a floor plan, showing 2 exits of each room (door and window)
- A closed door may slow the spread of smoke, heat and fire. Install smoke alarms in every sleeping room, outside each sleeping area and on every level of the home
- Everyone in the household must understand the escape plan. When you walk through your plan, check to make sure the escape routes are clear and doors and windows can be opened easily.
- Choose an outside meeting place (i.e. neighbor's house, a light post, mailbox, or stop sign) a safe distance in front of your home where everyone can meet after they've escaped. Make sure to mark the location of the meeting place on your escape plan.
- If there are infants, elderly, or family members with mobility limitations, make sure that someone is assigned to assist them in the fire drill and in the event of an emergency. Assign a backup person too, in case the designee is not home during the emergency.
- Once you're out, stay out! Under no circumstances should you ever go back into a burning building. If someone is missing, inform the fire department dispatcher when you call. Firefighters have the skills and equipment to perform rescues.
Having an escape plan set in place- JUST INCASE- can be life saving and beneficial.
If you have a fire at your home, call SERVPRO of Fenton to take care of the disaster.
Even the highest-quality items can show soiling over time. Protect your investment by calling SERVPRO of Fenton to clean and maintain your carpet and upholstery.
Today's carpet and upholstery materials vary dramatically. The SERVPRO System offers a number of cleaning options to match any type of upholstery or carpet.
SERVPRO of Fenton also offers a range of specialized cleaning methods:
- Bonnet Cleaning: A less aggressive method for short piled carpets.
- Hot Water Extraction: A deeper cleaning method for all carpet types.
- Deluxe Precondition and Rinse: Helps restore deeply soiled areas.
- Showcase Premier Cleaning: The most thorough cleaning method in the industry.
- Dry Cleaning: When color-fastness is an issue.
For all carpet/rug cleaning questions or to schedule an appointment- Call 810-732-3298 today!
What Should You Do After a Fire?
After the fire trucks leave, your home likely suffers from fire and smoke damage and extensive water damage from firefighting efforts. SERVPRO of Fenton has the specialized fire restoration training needed to restore your home to pre-fire condition. What should you do after a fire? Call SERVPRO!
Have Questions About Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Today (810-732-3298)
Every fire damage event is a little different, and requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our process for the “typical” fire damage emergency.
Step 1: Emergency Contact
The restoration process begins when you call the SERVPRO of Fenton, whose phones are answered 24 hours a day. Our representative will ask a series of questions regarding the fire damage event.
Step 2: Inspection and Fire Damage Assessment
Our Professionals will carefully inspect and test adjoining rooms of your property to determine the extent of the fire, smoke, and soot damage. This step is crucial to developing a plan of action.
Step 3: Immediate Board-Up and Roof-Tarp Service
Fire damage can often compromise windows, walls, and roofs. To maintain security and to protect against further damage, the SERVPRO of Fenton can board up missing windows and walls and place tarps on damaged roofs.
Step 4: Water Removal and Drying (if water damage is present)
The water removal process begins almost immediately and removes the majority of the water. They will then use dehumidifiers and air movers to remove the remaining water and complete the drying process.
Step 5: Removal of Smoke and Soot from All Surfaces
SERVPRO of Fenton uses specialized equipment and techniques to remove smoke and soot from ceilings, walls, and other surfaces.
Step 6: Cleaning and Sanitizing
They will clean all of the restorable items and structures that were damaged by the fire. They use a variety of cleaning techniques to restore your belongings to pre-fire condition. They’re also trained to remove odors using industrial air scrubbers and fogging equipment.
Step 7: Restoration
Restoration is the final step—getting your home or business to its pre-fire condition. Restoration may involve minor repairs, such as replacing drywall, painting, and installing new carpet; or it may entail major repairs such as the reconstruction of various areas or rooms in a home or business.